Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Mayweed


Happy New Year!

I’m not really big on making resolutions, but I do like the idea of starting fresh in a new year. No big plans for 2011, but I would love to take a painting or calligraphy class, and maybe learn some new techniques.

This is a Mayweed plant… why did I paint this? Well I flipped to a random page in my botanical book and it looked like a lovely little weed. I did a little research and found she is a sister to the Chamomile plant. Anyway, the Mayweed actually has white flowers but my dinky scanner refused to cooperate so I painted them over :)

The Mayweed
Gouche, 2011

I haven’t figured out how to make the images larger, but if you click it you can see a lot more detail. Hopefully I can figure this out in 2011!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is lovely - i love the roots!